- Information We Collect
When you use our Services, you may provide Beaudentity with two main types of information: (i) personally identifiable information (i.e., information that identifies you personally) that you knowingly choose to disclose, which is collected on an individual basis, and (ii) general user information that does not contain personally identifiable information, which is collected on an aggregate basis as you browse and use our Services. We collect information from you when you (a) use and/or access our Services, (b) register an account with Beaudentity, (c) open and/or respond to our communications, (d) contact Beaudentity, (e) visit any page online that displays our content, and/or (f) provide information to any of our retailers.
Beaudentity collects personally-identifying information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Beaudentity. Beaudentity does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. Visitors can refuse to supply personally-identifying information, though it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Information You Choose to Provide. You choose to give us certain information when using the Services. This includes:
- When you register for an account, your name, date of birth, and login credentials.
- When you complete your profile, optional information such as your gender, personal description, and beauty profile information like skin type, skin tone, hair color and type, and nails and eye attributes. This information allows us to provide you with personalized content.
- User Content (such as photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Site. To add certain content, like pictures or videos, you may allow us to access your camera or photo album.
- Communications between you and Beaudentity.
Information Collected When You Use Our Services. When you use the Services, we collect information about which features you have used, how you have used them, and the devices you use to access the Services, including the following:
Usage Information. When you access the Site or use the Services, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include referring sites, the date and time you log on, features you have been accessing or using, searches, pages you view and links you click on within the Site and information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded.
Device Information. We collect information from and about the device(s) you use to access the Services, including:
- hardware and software information such as IP address, device ID and type, device-specific and apps settings and characteristics, app crashes, browser type, version and language, operating system, time zones, identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser (e.g., IMEI/UDID and MAC address);
- information on your wireless and mobile network connection, like your service provider and signal strength;
- information on device sensors such as accelerometers, gyroscopes and compasses.
Beaudentity only discloses logged-in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog/site where the comment was left.
Aggregate. We may collect non-identifying and statistical information about the use of the Services, including without limitation how many visitors visit a specific page, how long they stay on that page and which links, if any, they click on. This information represents a generic overview of our users, including their collective habits. Information collected in the aggregate is not associated with you as an individual. We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and service providers.
Other Information with Your Consent. With your express consent, we can collect your precise geolocation (latitude and longitude) through various means, depending on the service and device you are using, including GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections. The collection of your geolocation may occur in the background even when you are not using the services if the permission you gave us expressly permits such collection. If you decline permission for us to collect your geolocation, we will not collect it. Similarly, if you consent, we may collect your photos and videos (for instance, if you want to publish a photo or video on the Site).
- Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
Other Tracking Technologies: We may supplement information you provide to us with information from other sources, such as information to validate or update your address, and/or other demographic information. This information is used to maintain the accuracy of information and for internal analysis. We may also use clear gifs, pixel tags and web beacons, which are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions and are further used to track online movements of our users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to your personally-identifiable information.
- How We Use Your Information
We may use information collected to:
- operate, maintain and improve our Services
- manage our administration of the Services
- diagnose or fix technology issues
- monitor visitor metrics in the aggregate
- analyze the Services, content, and programs we offer
- provide customer support and respond to your inquiries and requests.
- if you are a registered user, occasionally send you emails informing you of new features, soliciting your feedback, or keeping you up to date with what’s going on with Beaudentity, and provide personalized content and information to you (for example, sending you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that may be of interest to you)
If you send us a request (for example, via email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
- Parties with Whom We May Share Your Information
Beaudentity will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone, but may disclose your information as follows:
Employees, Contractors and Affiliates. Beaudentity discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Beaudentity’s behalf or to provide services available at Beaudentity’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Beaudentity’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
Legal Disclosures. Beaudentity may disclose potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information (i) in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request and/or (ii) when Beaudentity believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Beaudentity, third parties or the public at large.
Business Transfers. We may disclose and/or transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Beaudentity’s business, assets or stock, including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding.
Because the internet is not a completely secure environment, Beaudentity cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to Beaudentity and/or guarantee that information on the Services may not be accessed, disclosed, altered and/or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical and/or managerial safeguards. Beaudentity takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you connect to Beaudentity make to their services. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
- Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. Beaudentity.com and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Other Websites and Services
- How to Contact Us